The new generation Cortex 320/360 units from Davicom are virtually “unbrickable” because the Cortex firmware can be re-installed from a USB image file.
The Rescue procedure to re-flash the Cortex 360 memory with a USB image key is used if the unit becomes unresponsive and you are unable to connect.
CAUTION: Do not install or remove the USB image key when power is connected to the Cortex 360.
Re-flashing the Cortex 360 unit with a USB image key
- Download the image file from the Software & Firmware page: https://dex.davicom.com/documents-downloads/software-firmware/
- Burn the image to a USB thumb drive using freeware utility Etcher, available at https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Disconnect power to the Cortex 360.
- Install the USB thumb drive with the image file in one of the USB ports on the rear panel.
- Re-connect power and wait until the OLED display shows the menu selection for re-flashing.
- Confirm the firmware re-flash and wait until the “memory re-flashing done” message appears.
- Disconnect power and remove the USB thumb drive.
- Re-connect power and wait until the unit reboots.
- Using the front panel display and arrow buttons, re-enter your IP Parameters.
- If you have a copy of the configuration file, connect to the Cortex 360 and reload the file.
NOTE: The APNS certificate for iOS must be re-installed after a Rescue re-flash procedure.