Workspace Management Cheat Sheet
(Load, Upload, Assign, Delete)
- To start, connect to the Cortex unit with a web browser (Chrome is recommended).
- To open (Load) a particular workspace, click the edit arrow on top left to access workspace edit mode.
- Use the floating toolbar on the right to browse and find the workspace you want to open (Open from PC icon).
- Reply No to the Workspace-Merge pop-up question and the selected workspace will load into your PC’s RAM memory and open.
- To Upload a selected workspace to the Cortex and assign it to a particular user, the workspace must first be transferred to the unit.
- Go to System/Workspaces/PC to unit, and select the 1Wxx workspace slot in which you want to store the workspace.
- In the Workspace Name field on the right, enter a name for the workspace.
- Next, click the Transfer Workspace icon next to the trash-can on the left, and browse to find the workspace you want to transfer.
- Select the desired workspace, and click open to start the upload.
- After the workspace has been transferred to the selected 1Wxx slot it can be assigned to any user.
- NOTE: The uploaded workspace can be visualised by pressing the F5 key (Reload command) for the browser.
- To Assign this or any workspace to yourself or another user, go to System/Users, and select the user to whom the workspace is to be assigned.
- Click the Tools icon and then select the 1Wxx slot which has the workspace you want to assign.
- Click the Save icon on the bottom right to complete the assignment procedure.
- When the user now connects to the unit, the assigned workspace will be displayed for them.
- Currently-connected users can assign a stored workspace to themselves by repeating steps 11, 12, & 13.
- To Delete a workspace, go to System/Workspaces/Rename or Delete, and select the 1Wxx workspace to delete.
- Click the trash-can icon on the bottom left and confirm the deletion.
Workspace Editing Notes:
>>Any workspace file loaded in PC RAM memory can be modified and saved when in Workspace Edit mode.
>>To replace or add a workspace in the Cortex with a modified version, it must be saved (Save To PC), and then transferred to the Cortex using steps 6-10 in the procedure.>>To copy/save a 1Wxx workspace from the Cortex to your PC, go to System/Workspaces Unit-To-PC, select the workspace to copy, and click the Transfer Workspace icon.