Before performing a Factory Reset you must save the Cortex 360 unit’s configuration. To save the configuration:
Connect to the Cortex 360 unit with a browser (Chrome recommended).
Go to System > Administration.
Select Configuration Transfer > Davicom to PC.
Save the file to your PC.
Please record the unit IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords, because these parameters are never uploaded with the configuration file, just downloaded. You will need to re-enter them after a Factory Reset.
CAUTION: Please remove all signal and accessory cable connections before doing the Factory Reset.
Using the front panel buttons
- To start the Factory Reset process, disconnect power to the unit for about 10 seconds.
- Re-connect power and wait until the blue LEDs on the front panel light up.
- When the LEDs light up, press and hold the LOCAL button and watch the OLED display.
- After about 20 seconds the Factory Reset/Load Previous menu appears on the display.
- Select the Factory Reset option and confirm with YES, and then wait until the unit reboots.
- Re-connect to the unit and re-enter your IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords.
- The unit will disconnect to update the IP Parameters.
- Re-connect to the unit and reload the unit configuration that you saved previously. To reload the configuration, select Configuration Transfer > PC to Davicom.
- Connect to the unit locally, as explained in Section 1.3 of this article. Please note that only the supervisor and director levels can perform a Factory Reset.
- Go to System > Administration.
- Select Factory Reset. If the button is grey-out, you are not logged in as Supervisor or higher.
- Once the operation has succeeded, re-connect to the unit and re-enter your IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords.
The unit will disconnect to update the IP Parameters.
Re-connect to the unit and reload the unit configuration that you saved previously. To reload the configuration, select Configuration Transfer > PC to Davicom.