Before performing a Factory Reset you must save the Cortex 320 unit’s configuration. To save the configuration:
Connect to the Cortex 320 unit with a browser (Chrome recommended).
Go to System > Administration.
Select Configuration Transfer > Davicom to PC.
Save the file to your PC.
Please record the unit IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords, because these parameters are never uploaded with the configuration file, just downloaded. You will need to re-enter them after a Factory Reset.
CAUTION: Please remove all signal and accessory cable connections before doing the Factory Reset.
Using the front panel buttons
- To start the Factory Reset process, disconnect power to the unit for about 10 seconds.
- Re-connect power and wait for about 15-20 seconds until the 3 blue LEDs on the front panel light up.
- When the LEDs light up, press and hold the LOCAL button until the activity LED blinks rapidly.
- Use the LOCAL button to toggle between the “communications”, “user online” and “activity” LEDs.
- When the communications LED is on, press the PAUSE button to start the Factory Reset.
- The LOCAL LED will blink for a few seconds to confirm the reset operation has succeeded.
- Re-connect to the unit and re-enter your IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords.
- The unit will disconnect to update the IP Parameters.
- Re-connect to the unit and reload the unit configuration that you saved previously. To reload the configuration, select Configuration Transfer > PC to Davicom.
- Connect to the unit locally, as explained in Section 1.3 of this article. Please note that only the supervisor and director levels can perform a Factory Reset.
- Go to System > Administration.
- Select Factory Reset. If the button is grey-out, you are not logged in as Supervisor or higher.
- Once the operation has succeeded, re-connect to the unit and re-enter your IP Parameters, usernames, and passwords.
The unit will disconnect to update the IP Parameters.
Re-connect to the unit and reload the unit configuration that you saved previously. To reload the configuration, select Configuration Transfer > PC to Davicom.