Connecting Physical I/O to the Cortex
The most convenient way to connect physical I/O to the Cortex is through Davicom’s MIOP300 screw-terminal I/O panel. This rack-mount panel provides complete connection options for the differential metering inputs, the internal or externalground status inputs as well as the Form-C relay outputs.
The panel’s layout is shown below.
Specifications for the Metering inputs are:
- 12-bit resolution
- Bipolar/Differential inputs (up to 80V common mode rejection) with 1 MΩ input impedance
- Selectable input ranges of 0.5, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40 & 80 VDC
- Jumper-selectable 4-20mA input mode
- Software selectable signal rectifier on all inputs
Specifications for the Status inputs are:
- Independent grounds on each input
- Impedance > 22 kΩ
- Detection Levels: -12 to 0.8 VDC (low), +2.4 to +12 VDC (high)
Specifications for the relays are:
- 70 VAC @ 0.4A, 30 VDC @ 2A, or open collector (100 mA)
Depending on your requirements and setup, you must also remember to connect the telephone line, the Power Fail detector wall-wart, the network and most importantly, to ground the unit with an appropriate ground wire or strap.