The most convenient way to connect physical I/O to the Cortex-320 is through Davicom’s DVIO320 screw-terminal I/O board.
This board provides complete connection options for the auxiliary DC outputs (+12V and +5V), the metering inputs, the internal or external-ground status inputs as well as the relay outputs.
The panel’s layout is shown below.
Specifications for the Metering inputs are:
- 12-bit resolution
- Single-ended input with 1 MΩ input impedance
- Selectable input ranges of 5 & 60 VDC
- Audio rectifier jumper selectable on all inputs
- Useable as Status Inputs also with selectable internal pull-up resistor
Specifications for the Status inputs are:
- Independent grounds on each input
- Impedance > 22 kΩ
- Detection Levels: -12 to 0.8 VDC (low), +2.4 to +12 VDC (high)
Specifications for the relays are:
- 70 VAC @ 0.4A, 30 VDC @ 2A, or open collector (100 mA)
Depending on your requirements and setup, you must also remember to connect the telephone line, the Power Fail detector wall-wart, the network and most importantly, to ground the unit with an appropriate ground wire or strap.