Front & Rear Panel Descriptions
- 2-Line, 16 Character LCD: Backlit display shows input levels for each input source in Default Mode and displays menu settings in Menu Mode.
- Up Button ∧: scrolls forward through configuration menu in Menu Mode.
- Down Button ∨: scrolls backward through configuration menu in Menu Mode.
- Power LED: Indicates that unit is powered-up.
- Menu Button: Shifts to Menu mode when in Default mode and selects menu item when in Menu mode.
- Manual Button: Toggles between Manual and Automatic mode.
- Manual Mode LED: the red led is ON when in Manual Mode.
- 1, 2, 3 Buttons: In Manual Mode, selects one of the three input sources for output.
- Status LED: a green LED indicates the source that is currently selected (1, 2 or 3). A red LED indicates a fault with the corresponding source. Note that when the internal test tone is activated all green LEDs are OFF.
Rear Panel & Screw-Terminal Pinout
The DADS-01’s rear panel has XLR female/male connectors for the digital audio input/output signals and screw terminals for the analog audio input and the source selection/fault out signals.
- Digital Audio Inputs/Output: 3-pin XLR. The AES IN 1 and AES IN 2 inputs use balanced signals on STP (Shielded Twisted Pair). For maximum product performance, it is recommended to use the NC3FXCC or NC3MXCC shielded connector from Neutrik.
- Source Select In: In Manual Mode, a positive pulse on any of these inputs will select the corresponding source (1, 2 or 3). The Source Select In inputs are EIA compatible and opto-isolated. (-12 to 0.8 V = Low, 2.4 to +12 V = High). An internal pull-up can be put in circuit with a jumper for dry contact operation. The ground can be set to internal or external (isolated). The inputs are detailed in Figure 3.
In Auto Mode, signals on these inputs can be used to change the sequencing order of the AES/ANALOG sources in case of signal loss. Normal sequence is: AES IN1, AES IN2 and ANALOG IN3. If a positive pulse is applied to IN2, the DADS will assign the highest priority to the AES IN2 input, then to AES IN1 and finally to ANALOG IN3.
Please refer to the table below for more details. However, automatic operation via the USB port only use the normal sequence.
The IN1, IN2 and IN3 select inputs can also be used to issue a firmware/hardware reset to the DADS-01 when a positive pulse is applied simultaneously to the three inputs.
- Source Select Out: These outputs provide a level Low (0V) for the selected source (1, 2 or 3) and a level High (5V) for the other sources. The Source Select Out and Source Fault outputs share the same internal ground.
- Source Fault: These outputs provide a level Low (0V) when an input source is at fault.
- Ground Terminal: Chassis ground lug.
- 12Vdc Power Connector: Davicom standard XLR power connector. The corresponding female XLR connector is supplied with the DADS-01’s accessories.
- USB Communications (Type B) Connector: Connector for interface to a Davicom RTU or to a PC.
- Analog Audio In: Plug-in screw terminal. Balanced audio input for Left and Right audio signals. Input impedance can be set to either 600 Ω or 10 kΩ with internal jumpers.
Cables, connections and accessories
Standard accessories include a USB cable, a 4-pin female XLR connector for 12Vdc power (+12V is on Pin 4 and Ground is on Pin 1) and one plug-in screw-terminal (16 positions) for the other signal connections.
The DADS-01 operates from any standard 12Vdc Power Supply, such as the Davicom ILPS5012N, that can source up to 1A.