Install the DTPI unit at a convenient location inside the building, close to a 120VAC power outlet. Install the temperature probes at the selected measurement points and run the cables to the DTPI unit.
Connect the probe wires to the DTPI probe inputs according to the following table:
One-Wire Interface Connections
|Red wire||(R) – Power|
|White wire||(B) – Signal|
|Black wire||(S) – GND|
The temperature probe wires can be connected directly to the terminal block on the left side of the DTPI unit or, alternatively, to the corresponding 1/8 stereo jack probe inputs located on the right side. Never use both connection types simultaneously for the same probe input (terminal block and stereo jack).
When using a 1/8 stereo plug for probe connection, refer to the following contact pinout for connector installation:
• Connect the AC/DC adapter cable to the power connector on the right side of the unit.
• During start-up, the top PROBE-1 display will briefly show the firmware version (ex. “100” means version 1.0.0).
• The PROBE-3 display will show the currently selected temperature scale, either °F or °C.
• After start-up, the unit will display the temperatures read by the probes. If no probe is connected to a probe input, or if the probe is defective, the corresponding display will show three dashes: “- – -“.
• Pressing on the °F/°C button will switch between the °F and °C scales. When releasing the °F/°C button, PROBE-3 display will show the selected temperature scale for approximately 1 second.
• An IP reset button restores the device IP address to its default value [192.168.1.210]. To reset the IP address, press the IP reset button and hold it until blinking dashes are seen on all displays.
• To change the default IP address, both a PC and an SNMP manager app are required. Free SNMP manager apps are available online.
• Connect to the unit using the default address and locate the following OIDs: dtpiIpAddr, dtpiIpNetMask and dtpiIpGateway. Default values are show in the table below:
• Change the values to those recommended by your IT specialist.
• To make the changes effective, remove power from the unit for a few seconds and then turn it back on again.