The Rescue procedure to reflash the Cortex 360 memory with a USB image key is used if the unit becomes unresponsive and you are unable to connect.
CAUTION: Do not install or remove the USB image key when power is connected to the Cortex 360.
CAUTION: Please remove all signal and accessory cable connections before doing the Rescue procedure.
- Download the image file from the Davicom website.
- Burn the image to a USB thumb drive using freeware utility Etcher, available at https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Disconnect power to the Cortex 360.
- Install the USB thumb drive with the image file in one of the USB ports on the rear panel.
- Re-connect power and wait until the OLED display shows the menu selection for reflashing.
- Confirm the firmware reflash and wait until the “memory reflashing done” message appears.
- Disconnect power and remove the USB thumb drive. 4h- Re-connect power and wait until the unit reboots.
- Using the front panel display and arrow buttons, re-enter your IP Parameters.
- If you have a copy of the configuration file, connect to the Cortex 360 and reload the file.
NOTE: The APNS certificate for iOS must be re-installed after a Rescue procedure.