The new generation Cortex 320/360 units from Davicom are virtually “unbrickable” because the Cortex firmware can be re-installed from a USB image file.
The Rescue procedure to re-flash the Cortex 320 memory with a USB image key is used if the unit becomes unresponsive and you are unable to connect.
CAUTION: Do not install or remove the USB image key when power is connected to the Cortex 320.
Re-flashing the Cortex 320 unit using a USB image key
- Download the image file from the Software & Firmware page: https://dex.davicom.com/documents-downloads/software-firmware/
- Burn the image to a USB thumb drive using freeware utility Etcher, available at https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Disconnect power to the Cortex 320.
- Install the USB thumb drive with the image file in one of the USB ports on the rear panel.
- Re-connect power and wait until the Activity LED starts blinking rapidly.
- Press LOCAL button repeatedly to toggle between UserOnline and Activity LED’s.
- Release the LOCAL button when the UserOnline LED is on.
- Press the PAUSE button to start the re-flash process.
- The PAUSE & LOCAL LED’s will blink for a few seconds to confirm the selection.
- The blue LED’s will blink in a specific sequence to indicate the re-flashing operation.
- The blue LED’s will stay lit when the re-flashing operation has succeeded.
- Disconnect power and remove the USB thumb drive.
- Re-connect power and wait until the unit reboots.
- Use DavLink to re-connect locally and re-enter your IP Parameters.
- If you have a copy of the configuration file, connect to the Cortex 320 and reload the file.
NOTE: The APNS certificate for iOS must be re-installed after a Rescue re-flash procedure.